Parents of incoming new students should begin the registration process by entering the majority of their information online in the Registration Gateway system from home.
Before you begin, please note:
- Only a parent or legal guardian may register a student in the Millburn School District.
- To attend Millburn Schools a family must be domiciled in a permanent home located in Millburn Township.
- The district does not allow out-of-district families to attend Millburn schools by paying tuition.
- Children must be 5 by October 1 to enter Kindergarten, or 6 by October 1 to enter 1st grade as per Policy 5112.
Steps in the Registration process:
- Create Online Account: Go to registration.millburn.org to create a Registration Gateway account. (If you have registered a new student recently, you may already have a registration account. You may log in with that account, and click on “Add Student” to register your kindergartener.)
- Follow the steps to enter all requested information to pre-register your child. A checklist at the end of the process will alert you to the additional documents/information required to complete your registration.
- Once you have completed your online registration, please email the registrar at email@example.com
Required Documents for verification/registration:
- Official & original birth certificate of child
- Two proofs of residency:
- Primary: deed/lease, or current mortgage statement, or current municipal tax statement
- Secondary: one current (last 45 days) utility bill, or other legal mail addressed to your name at your Millburn/Short Hills address
- If you have just moved to a new address in town we will accept a confirmation of utilities as a temporary secondary proof of residency until you receive a utility bill. For example, a JCP&L service start date email (usually emailed by the utility company as an appointment confirmation at the time you call to set up services).
- Parental identification
- Current immunization record (Required Health Forms Packet)
- Transcripts/report cards are required for placement at the middle and high school, and requested by the elementary schools.
The five elementary schools (Grades K-4) in Millburn Township are:
Deerfield School, 26 Troy Lane, Short Hills. Phone: 973-379-4843
Glenwood School, 325 Taylor Road South, Short Hills. Phone: 973-379-7576
Hartshorn School, 400 Hartshorn Drive, Short Hills. Phone: 973-379-7550
South Mountain School, 2 Southern Slope Drive, Millburn. Phone: 973-921-1394
Wyoming School, 55 Myrtle Avenue, Millburn. Phone: 973-761-1619