- 8th Grade Science - 5/12-5/13
- 6th - 8th Grade ELA - 5/24-5/25
- 6th - 8th Grade Math - 5/26-5/27
- Makeups - 6/1-6/4
LinkIt! ELA Benchmark 4/8/2021 - Blue Day
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for all your support during these unprecedented times. We recognize the flexibility that is demonstrated daily by our staff, students and families and appreciate your cooperation.
On April 8th, 2021, your child will participate in the ELA Benchmark. The benchmark results are for instructional purposes only and will provide important information to your child’s teacher about their growth over the course of the year, strengths and areas of needed growth for upcoming lessons. Please note, this benchmark is only one of multiple measures that we use to make instructional decisions.To accommodate the ELA Benchmark, we will modify our instructional day.
We appreciate your assistance in creating a secure testing environment where your child(ren) will take the benchmark. Please consider the following for Thursday, April 8, 2021:
- Provide a quiet space with limited interruptions where your child can work independently for about 60 minutes (typical testing time is between 45-55 minutes)
- Ensure that your child has good internet connectivity and power.
- We ask that your child take the benchmark using the district-issued Chromebook; however the benchmark can be accessed from any device, including desktops, laptops, Chromebooks, tablets, or phones (not encouraged due to screen size) connected to the internet.
- All other electronic devices such as phones, tablets, and computers should not be in the same location when they take the benchmark.
- Please remind your child that he/she is not permitted to search the internet or use other offline resources to help answer questions.
- Refrain from coaching and assisting your child.
Logistical information related to your child’s taking the LinkIt! Benchmark:
- If possible, your child should use the Google Chrome browser. If you don’t currently use this browser, you can download it for free.
- Your child will log into test.linkit.com. Students will use a Google Single Sign On to access their assessment. Teachers will provide all the specific information needed. Log in directions will be posted to your child’s English Google Classroom at 11:50 am on April 8, 2021.
- The English Benchmark will take approximately 45-55 minutes to complete. We have built-in extra time for a student with accommodations and administrative set-up and login time into our administration window.
- A Google Meet to assist with technical difficulties will also be available during the administration of the benchmark.
Thank you again for your continued support.
John Connolly Chrystie Young
Principal Educational Coordinator
Millburn Middle School Millburn Township Public Schools
Digital version of this letter.